When I found out Macy's had a Marilyn Monroe line I glanced at it online and than it finally came to my local Macy's I decide to check it out and I ended up getting this striped dress. I love how strategically the stripes are placed to make your waist look smaller . Even though this line is in the Juniors dept I found a lot of the pieces suitable for a woman in her 40's such as myself the skirts were at a respectable length and gave it a sexy vibe without being to revealing which is exactly where I am in my life.  I decided to this dress a little bit of modern flair by adding my Rock and Republic shoes that I picked up from Kohl's not that long ago and topped off the look with my super cute bag I scored off the Jcpenney clearance rack and my ode' to Marilyn was born.   

 In true Curlybyrdie fashion I was able to get this look without breaking the bank.  This dress was normally priced at $49.00 and I scored it thanks to my coupon for $20 .  It is perfect for a curvy body like the curvy girl herself Ms. Monroe. 

I love wearing dresses and pretty things and I love this quote because I am in total agreement.
 
I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it. ”
Marilyn Monroe

My Look -Marilyn Monroe - Macy's - $20
Shoes - Kohl's Rock and Republic sim - I paid $22 for mine
Bag - Jcpenney $20 on clearance